Ampleforth Airdrop: How to claim your FORTH tokens
On April 21st, 2021 Ampleforth airdropped their $FORTH governance token to any & all individuals who have ever held $AMPL tokens or participated in the Ampleforth Geyser(s) prior to March 30th, 2021.
As stated in Ampleforth’s press release:
$FORTH is the mechanism by which the community will vote on parameter changes to the core $AMPL protocol and, more broadly, the tool the community will use to steer the continue evolution of the Ampleforth ecosystem.
For those who have yet to claim their $FORTH tokens, don’t fret, you have until April 16th, 2022 to do so. For any unclaimed tokens after this date, all remaining $FORTH will be allocated to the community governed DAO.
With this being said, this article is to serve as a brief walkthrough on how-to claim your $FORTH tokens, as well as how-to claim $FORTH for another wallet!
A lot of people have been wondering how to claim their $FORTH tokens for themselves and their friends.
Here’s a quick demo. 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽
***Before you begin the claiming process, make sure you have enough ETH in your wallet to cover Gas Fees!***
Step 1: Go to Ampleforth.org/Governance/Claim/
Step 2: Connect your Web3 wallet
- Tap on ‘Connect Wallet’
- Select the correct wallet you’d like to use (e.g. MetaMask 🦊)
Pro Tip: By simply pasting the wallet address in the provided field box, you can avoid the pain of having to connect each respective wallet to the Ampleforth Claiming Interface and paying more Gas Fees to redeem your tokens. (You’ll see what I mean in the video 📺)
- Give the Ampleforth Webpage some time to connect with your wallet. This shouldn’t no more than 1–3 minutes!
Step 3: ‘Claim Now’
- Once your wallet has connected, tap on the ‘Claim Now’ button 🟣
- You will be redirected to MetaMask’s transaction screen where you will pay for the Gas Fee to begin the claim.
Pro Tip..again: Make sure to double check Gas Fees at GasNow.Org !
- By tapping on ‘edit’ you can toggle between the transaction’s processing times (i.e. Slow, Medium, Fast): Slow being the cheapest transaction fee, while Fast being the most expensive.
- After you select the transaction’s processing speed, remember to tap ‘save’.
- To initiate the claim, proceed to tap ‘Confirm’.
- Depending on the which processing time/speed you selected, the transaction could take as long as 3–10 hours, or as quick as 30 seconds — 4 minutes. This is all contingent on the congestion state of the Ethereum Network.
Once the transaction is complete you’ll see some digital confetti flow down your screen, along with a prompt informing you of the amount of $FORTH you have claimed (should look like the image shown below 👇🏽👇🏽👇🏽).
I can’t see my $FORTH tokens in my MetaMask!
After claiming your $FORTH, you may not be able to see your balance in your MetaMask wallet.
If so, do the following:
Step 1: Go to Coingecko.com
Step 2: Search ‘FORTH’ in the provided search box
Step 3: Tap on the ‘ 🦊’ icon
Step 4: Tap on ‘Add Token’
Step 5: To confirm, open your MetaMask and scroll to the bottom of the asset (token) list. You should see your newly claimed $FORTH tokens!
Now, what if I’d like to claim for someone else?
Many will experience difficulties claiming their tokens, especially if they held $AMPL via a cold storage wallet (e.g. Ledger, Trezor).
Not to worry, this process is extremely similar to the initial claiming flow in which all you have to do is:
Step 1: After connecting your wallet, click on the ‘📝 ‘ icon and paste the destination address in the provided field box.
Step 2: Tap ‘Claim Now’
Step 3: Pay the Gas Fee
Step 4: Check the destination wallet for your newly claimed $FORTH tokens!
About Mass Adoption
Mass Adoption is the catalyst for crypto use-case and education. Our goal is to not only educate our global community about the benefits crypto can provide, but to integrate this technology into society. The purpose is to expand and change perspective regarding the vast use-case and utility crypto and blockchain can offer. We create interactive content, host events/workshops, and promote projects that are actively educating and engaging blockchain technology into their products.
📲 Interested in collaborating? Shoot us a message on Twitter and let’s chat 📲